Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Scotland Trip - Jan 2008

I took a 3hr train up to Scotland after work when I was in Sheffield, UK. The scenery was amazing. I got to Edinburg almost midnight and the night was a very chilly January weather with people still walking abouts the city centre.
As I walked to my hotel, I had not realized that it was this really massive hotel that looked like a very old mansion. Scotland is filled with history and Im sure theres tons in the Caledonian hotel where I stayed.

The photo below was one of the staircases at the hotel. I took a shot of the stair case because of how it looked like a painting in my head. Well, doesnt it?

3 Red Phone Booths.
I had to take photos of the famous red painted phone booths as I had not really gotten the shot I wanted when I was in England. I lucked out as there was 3 of them right in the middle of the road going up to Edinburg castle =).

Edinburg castle at night
I shot this without a tripod. Actually I never carry a tripod and dont even own one but sometimes wish I did. I actually put my camera on top of one of the garbage bins to keep it steady. It came up rather nice.

Roman pillars
These pillars were situated on this hill over looking the city. Dont be fooled by the appearance. These pillars must be like 40ft high


I visited the Queen's castle in Scotland. The above photo use to be a church that was destroyed in the war.

Part of the church from above photo. This is now a memorial.

I love the photo above. I met a fellow countryman who showed me this immaculate view of downtown Edinburg. In the distance, the Edinburg castle, the Balmoral , and other landmarks can be seen at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice set here Jade. i like the b&w rendition of the memorial. =) -sherwin

[ Jami Photography ] said...

Thanks Sherwin.